I haven’t been sewing as much as I’d like this last year. My sewing space has moved upstairs and the space isn’t working the way I’d like it to… odd how a change of surroundings can really impact on the flow of making.
But, it has meant that I’ve started to try out a few new crafts that don’t take up too much space downstairs!
I wanted to try making some polymer clay earrings for a while, and over Christmas I watched some tutorials on YouTube and clipped some pictures for inspiration:
I bought a few colours and started by rolling out 2 different coloured flat slabs and adding torn pieces, before flattening again with the roller.
Then I cut out pairs of shapes using little metal shapes that I bought at ‘The Range’ , I made a hole in each piece using a toothpick.
They were baked in the oven and I added earring hooks to some of the hearts.
I’m pretty happy with how they turned out! Except I only really needed one pair of each colour design! Not sure what I’ll use the other pieces for…next year’s Christmas presents maybe😉.
Oh and the earring storage was made from a charity shop purchase… a letter board turned sideways!
I’ve made a list of new things I’d like to try out this year, so I can tick polymer clay off of it … and I have been doing some crochet with a plan to teach myself how to follow a written pattern properly.
And in sewing news …. I cut out a dress. It’s from the Feb 2020 Burda:
I’ll update its progress…!