I’m taking a break from making Roman blinds for my sister to write this…I generally only do these things for family ! They’re not difficult to make – more boring really, so I’m listening to podcasts (mostly Blindboy – I’d recommend btw – they’re pretty absorbing, but only if you’re not offended by swearing!), and taking lots ..ie too many breaks 🙂
I’d always planned to make another version of this Burda dress, but I didn’t think it’d take 2 years!
I actually made this back in August, but there was something that annoyed me about where the waist hit. So,the other day, I separated the skirt from the bodice and added a 1″ strip at the waist. I then topstitched it to match the neckline.
And it feels so much better. I don’t remember lengthening the bodice in the original, but there was something about the weight of this fabric that just felt better to have the skirt hit my waist a bit lower. ( sorry blurry pic below!)
Because of my fabric width, I had to reduce the pocket flare a little, by folding out a crease on the pattern piece. Which worked fine, since I didn’t like how far the pockets stuck out on the original pattern.
(Blurry and serious/cranky pose below!)
I left off the sleeves due to fabric shortages, but it’s probably more versatile now. I’m wearing it with a mustard polo neck, and it also looks grand with a shirt underneath. Since I’m always shivering – I wore it yesterday layered with my handknit cardigan (pattern by Andi Satterlund), and scarf that I bought for peanuts in a charity shop!
So, sin an scéal! Back to the blinds..