My knitting has been a bit hit and miss this year. I don’t think I’ve ever undone or unravelled so many things.
A few months back I had filled what I referred to in my head as ‘the basket of shame’!
There was a half finished Carbeth cardigan, a swatch for Kate’s #ezraglankal, some pieces of the fringeassociation KAL, a dolls jumper and a half finished improvised top.
It was really annoying me instead of inspiring me, so I wrote a list of the steps needed to finish each piece. I then made a plan to tick at least one thing off the list each day. (It could be as simple as knitting 5 rows).
It really helped me – once I could see the bite sized steps, there was a satisfaction in ticking the steps off the list and getting closer to the finish line.
The Carbeth Cardi was one of the first things I finished – I made it using 2 strands of a dk weight acrylic. It’s very green! Not about to blend in easily, and I like it alot more than I thought I would!
I made a few changes… most obvious is the back neck where I added in short rows in garter stitch.
I felt like the wide neck was sitting too low and even if I added the wide collar it would still feel like it was slipping off my shoulders.
After finishing the sleeves I knew there wouldn’t be enough yarn for the collar so I finished off the neckline with a ribbed band and then added grey buttons.
Quite pleased with how it turned out and got to make a dent in the basket! Before I buy yarn for my next Carbeth, I plan to use up more of my yarn that was bought without a plan, so I’m searching on ravelry for quick little projects. All suggestions welcome!