I’m getting close to the finish with my Eyelet Yoke Sweater . But I did make a few changes along the way so I’m sharing them in the hope that it might be useful to someone else.
First of all the neckline – I noticed the neck had a very wide opening. I wanted my version to sit closer to my neck. So I decided to add some extra rows to my yoke piece before dividing for the sleeves. This helped a little I think. But then after trying it on later I realised that the sleeves would need to be shaped more like a set-in sleeve than the tube shape sleeve in the pattern.
If you look at the picture below you will see where the neckline would sit if I added a tube sleeve on as directed in the Sweater Recipe:
I decided to try adding in some short rows to the top of the sleeve to allow the neckline to sit higher as below:
Here’s a rough idea of where the short rows would go:
And here’s how it looks after I did the short rows and then continued in the round:
I picked up the wraps as best I could, and I’m hoping they will be less obvious after blocking.
I worked out how many rows to do by measuring from the shoulder edge to where my underarm starts. I needed to work approx fourteen rows so I started with the centre nine stitches and knitted on two stitches at the end of each row until I had used all the armhole stitches that were on hold. Then I carried on as per pattern instructions.
I’m not very experienced with short rows – but I came across this free Craftsy course which might be of help if you want to use them in your project: Carol Fellers Short row course.