This past week I’ve squeezed in some knitting time to work on my Red Eyelet Sweater. I’m at about waist level and its been an easy knit so far. The hem has a really nice shape – longer at the back than front, made with short rows.
The Yarn is an Aran weight Dy Choice Yarn that’s 25% wool and 75% Acrylic. I’m hoping that the acrylic will mean it will pill less than if it were all wool. It’s definitely a pattern I’d recommend for TV / Car knitting, as once the yoke eyelets are finished, it’s just plain knitting in the round, with a few increases and decreases along the way.
Two stitch markers are needed but all mine look very similar so I used a little yarn loop on one side :
I’ve also been tipping away (slowly!) on my Hermione socks :
It’s the same yarn that I used for my last socks, but in a different colourway. They’re looking kinda pretty so far!
Oddly even though I sew a lot, I haven’t posted much about sewing! I’ve been inspired by some self-imposed burda challenges out in blogland and think something like that could keep me focused. I also need to make more use of all the Burdas that are gathering dust on a shelf. xxx Chris